- A Sunday with nothing important to do – all sweats, all the time.
- Waking up hearing the stiff fall wind blowing the last of the summery weather along to somewhere else.
- Keeping the windows open as long as possible until the real cold comes.
- The way the skin on peppers blisters and blackens when you roast them on the grill, and how gross they look when you peel the char off.
- The latest search term to bring someone to this blog: “cake is a powerful food; cake can bring people together.” Indeed.