About three months ago I dared to start a Life List, a la Maggie of Mighty Girl fame (among dozens [upon dozens – I think a tagline update is in order!]). Yeah. So since then I haven’t touched it, and it’s sat at the veeeeerry bottom of the topic list on the sidebar. One post. Awesome.
So leave it to Maggie to provide the proper kick in the pants, by basically winning the blogging jackpot. Just goes to show that there’s no harm – but certainly the random possibility of good – in verbalizing your wildest dreams. I’m no visualization..er or Secret believer, but what the hell? Dream big.
Apologies; until I get this set up on the sidebar, I’ll have to repeat myself. Starting the new ones with number six. I still can’t strikethrough in Blogger that I can see, so I’m going to bold the ones I’ve done. See? I may not have been writing the list, but I was working so diligently on it. Ha.
- Visit western Europe. First priority, Italy. Second, Germany. Take a lot of trains, see as many countries as possible. Have a glass of wine in the birthplace of my grandfather.
- Go to BlogHer.
- Plant vegetables (tomatoes are fruit!) in my yard.
- Become skilled at arranging flowers.
- Paint something I like and hang it on my wall.
- Invest in a good digital camera.
- Find (and repair if needed) the old manual camera from high school and relearn how to use it.
- Learn to sew. More than buttons, that is.
- Mow a lawn. Shut up! I have never done this. It’s my Everest.
- Have a hammock in the backyard.
I don’t want to burn out here. I’m going to go five at a time, but I need to try to do this once a week or it’ll never make 50 things. Or 100 things. I haven’t decided yet. I think I need to reread Maggie’s list for more inspiration.